Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Scribblings: Crush-2-18-07

Some thoughts on what it is like in the first blush of a crush:

Would That I

Would that I could take your days
and fill them all with light.
Would that I could end your days
with crystal pure starlight.

Would that I could ease your mind
and keep your woes at bay.
Would that I could sprinkle joy
on your every living day.

Would that I could shoulder
all the problems that you face.
Would that I could carry you
to slow your running pace.

Would that I could take the brunt
of all of your attacks.
Would that I could shield your heart
from all the breaks and cracks.

Would that I could be the one
who champions your cause.
Would that I could be the one
who takes away your flaws.

Would that I could look ahead,
show you your future life.
Would that I could turn time's wheel
to a time less filled with strife.

Would that I could be right there
to hold you when you cry.
Would that I could speak to you,
to look into your eyes.

Would that I could make you smile
and heal the hurt you feel.
Would that I could do it alland help your soul to heal.

4 comments:

rel said...

Raven,
You've wrapped your pen
around my heart.
Your verse, it is pure zen
to draw me back again.
rel

Raven said...

Thank you remiman. I am Beyond flattered.

gautami tripathy said...

Vey good writing. I like the way it flows.

I like the pace.


gautami
Painfully yours..

Inconsequential said...

what a lovely piece :)
cool stuff!